Tuesday, July 20, 2010

The Beginning

This may be the scariest thing I have ever done. If you were to ask the people who know me best, they would tell you that my spelling, and grammar are atrocious. I have been secretly throwing around the idea of starting a blog for a while. Then last month, I let it slip that I have been wanting to take this giant step. I nearly let the fear get the better of me, but the creation of my very first creative space, and the upcoming birth of my first child was finally the impetus to take the plunge.

So why start a blog you ask? I'm not really sure myself. I enjoy the networking, support, & camaraderie I have witnessed between bloggers while following many food, craft, & design blogs. Lately, I have felt the need to share my life. A place to share others cool ideas, and interesting articles. The need for a release. A place that's all my own.

Now that I have taken the plunge, what to write about? I guess my own creative projects, the evolution of our new family, my love of cooking (although I'm currently on a pregnancy-created hiatus), my love of photography, and the amazing creativity of others.

2 comments:

  1. Hey Sarah. A blog is not a scary thing. Starting mine was one of the best decisions of my life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yes it is! I have a horrible fear of all things spelling & grammar it all stems from missing a year of English grammar education & a poor grasp of spelling since I was a young child. It has created many issue with applications, papers & internet related comments & activity. I also thin My mind works mathematically rather than grammatically. Probably why I love talking so much. No spelling & Grammar constraints.

    ReplyDelete